Thursday, November 12, 2009

first attempts/projects

Compilation of my previous tries. These are from September-October. I’d say these were valiant efforts (:

01
Nostalgia- The first night I cooked dinner for my boyfriend, which brought me this strange enjoyment from cooking. So I guess I could blame this weird obsession I now have with cooking, on this fateful night.

02
Appetizer:
Pesto, garlic, butter toasted baguette.
Homemade ravioli (by homemade I mean dry won ton wrappers counts) stuffed with ricotta cheese, pesto, and mozzarella cheese.
Entree:
Pesto rotini with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
Ricotta and pesto stuffed chicken breasts, breaded and fried, topped with slices of mozzarella cheese.
Dessert:
Cookies from Dunkin Donuts (lol) because I got too tired to bake.
PS- Can you tell I’m a fan of pesto?

03
Pecan pie I made for my boyfriend. It turned out quite good. The only suggestion I got was to make more filling on the bottom with a layer of pecans at the top, opposed to mixing it all together. Simple fix.

04
Breakfast I made for my boyfriend (missing the actual breakfast part lol). It included: Scrambled eggs with cream cheese and fried hot dogs, cream cheese stuffed french toast, blueberry cream cheese muffins, football shaped brownies (fudge brownies with white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, walnuts, covered in chocolate icing with cream cheese frosting lining for the footballs).
-Once again, notice my affinity to cream cheese?

05
Delicious cookie I must say. These disappeared within a short amount of time. Semi-sweet chocolate chips with white chocolate chips in a chewy soft cookie. (I’m still on the quest for the perfect cookie- coming soon).

06
My boyfriend insisted I make him cookies with his two favorite things: white chocolate chips and coconut. I told him that the batter might not come out as well, because of the massive amount of coconut he wanted and because he didn't have any baking soda in his house. Needless to say, we worked our way around it, and came up with this beauty. It was actually very good, but a little too sweet for my taste. Based on the Cook's Illustrated cookie.

07
My first attempt at apple pie. It probably would have came out better if my boyfriend and I had some restraints on ourselves and waited the few hours of "setting" time the recipe stated. The second we cut into the freshly warm pie, oozing deliciousness of the apple pie filling seeped out, thus not allowing for proper "setting" time. Next time I’ll hold myself back. It was still good though, as long as it was microwaved and had a massive amount of vanilla ice cream along side.

08
Pate choux! A lot easier than it seems. Unfortunately I didn't manage to take a picture with them filled. They were pretty good, although next time I’ll make them a bit more rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment