Sunday, February 7, 2010

super bowl - cheesy bacon mini slider burgers - my boyfriend doing what he does best

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 14Burgers just seemed fitting for a Super Bowl party... And better yet, mini slider burgers sounded even better. I let my boyfriend (who is a 99% carnivore) handle the meat and all that manly stuff. I can't emphasize this enough- but I'm a horrible cook. No, wait- I can actually follow directions flawlessly- I just can't improvise. So this is why I let my talented boyfriend take over in this department; but my only request was that it be cheesy. Knowing him and his personal tastes, I didn't doubt that it would indeed be cheesy as well as delicious.

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 04mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 10
How my boyfriend comes up with these ideas are beyond me. He decided to make a cheese spread to top the patties. A combination of cheeses and god knows what else got mixed into the food processor and mixed with crumbled cooked bacon (delicious alone might I add). What befuddles me is that he makes these things up from his head. I have to like research recipes for days to come to a conclusive idea as to how to make things.

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 07mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 08
While I was busy decorating cookies, my boyfriend readied the patties. (Obviously these were created by him, because we know I wouldn't create uneven sized patties... Not saying it's wrong- it's just not how I roll.)

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 12
Once again- I'm perplexed as to how he created these little gems. I mean, I've tasted many burgers in my lifetime (most of which ehhh- not so good), but honest to goodness, these were delectable. And that's saying a lot from me because I'm not much of a "meat" person.

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 15mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 16
The beef was cooked perfectly (I hate overcooked meat) and the spread gave the perfect creaminess (I didn't even need mustard- and I'm a mustard freak!).

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 17
If I ever doubted the abilities of my boyfriend before, this burger made up for that, and then some.

mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 19mini slider burgers with bacon and blue cheese spread (super bowl) - 22
I hope to one day be as inventive as my boyfriend and learn to improvise while cooking. (At the same time, I also hope he learns how to follow directions while baking so I don't lose my cool like last time, hehe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment