Saturday, December 19, 2009

christmas sugar cookie - no life = hardcore decorating

christmas sugar cookies - 12Go ahead and say it- I WENT OVERBOARD. I let boredom get the best of me and I wanted to out-do myself. I just couldn't help it though- the holiday season puts me in such a holiday mood! So I ended up taking over the entire living room (and part of the kitchen) with all of these sugar cookies (my third try at sugar cookies). My roommate definitely thought I was nuts.


christmas sugar cookies - 01
Step one: Make the icing. Note the (once again early present) Martha Stewart Sifter – YEAH SON, you heard me, I got a Martha sifter!

christmas sugar cookies - 02
Look at the gleam and intricacy on this bad boy. You don't get any more advanced in terms of sifters than this.

christmas sugar cookies - 03christmas sugar cookies - 04
Gross part- egg whites. I have no idea how but this urine-looking liquid somehow turns into white fluffy fluff-ness (I must give credit to my $7 hand mixer though).

christmas sugar cookies - 06christmas sugar cookies - 07
And here's a photo shoot of my lovely mixer (seriously one of the best investments I made).

christmas sugar cookies - 08
No images of my ramekins full or coloring icing, nor no images of me decorating these cookies (mostly because I stayed up to the wee hours of night to finish them).

The following is yet another photo shoot of the little buggers responsible for my future-carpal-tunnel-syndrome.

christmas sugar cookies - 10christmas sugar cookies - 11
christmas sugar cookies - 13christmas sugar cookies - 15
christmas sugar cookies - 17
christmas sugar cookies - 18christmas sugar cookies - 21
christmas sugar cookies - 22christmas sugar cookies - 24
christmas sugar cookies - 30christmas sugar cookies - 35
christmas sugar cookies - 33christmas sugar cookies - 40

Oh-em-gee. Yes, I think I'm weird too. The following are photos of me now organizing them to place in the Christmas-cookie box... exciting...

christmas sugar cookies - 37christmas sugar cookies - 39
christmas sugar cookies - 41christmas sugar cookies - 42
christmas sugar cookies - 43christmas sugar cookies - 44
christmas sugar cookies - 46christmas sugar cookies - 50

---RECIPE---
2 egg whites
2 cups powdered sugar
-Mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment