Wednesday, December 2, 2009

pumpkin pie - an odd anniversary gift?

pumpkin pie - 01My friend's anniversary was coming up, and somewhat jokingly asked if I could bake them something. I jumped at the opportunity- as long as I could bake something different (once again- hinting at the fact that my boyfriend doesn't like majority of baked goods). He came up with a pumpkin pie. I have no problem baking a pumpkin pie- I just find it funny that he would choose one as an anniversary dessert lol. Anyways, I was very excited to bake my first pumpkin pie!

pumpkin pie - 07
I resorted to the typical Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe found on the back of their canned pumpkin. I wasn't going to go too fancy or gourmet for my first pumpkin pie, and opted for the familiar recipe.

pumpkin pie - 05
The crust came out a little funky. I always have such a hard time making the designs. Maybe my knuckles are too big?

pumpkin pie - 03
Although it cracked a little, my friend told me that the pie was very delicious and the happy couple and enjoyed it greatly! Yayyy... another happy friend.

---RECIPE---
Taken from Libby's

ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
1 can (12 fl oz) Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell

directions:
1. Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
2. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment